Affirmations have been spoken about a lot in the online space for the past year or so – and for good reason. Saying daily affirmations can make a huge difference in several areas of your life because it encourages positive self-talk.
The National Science Foundation found that the average person has upwards of 60,000 thoughts each day. Mind blowing, right? But it gets even crazier…because on average 95% of the thoughts were the same exact thoughts from the day before.
So if 95% of our thoughts are the same, we should make a conscious effort to improve them and make them more positive! So in this post, we’re going to briefly go over affirmations and I have a list of daily affirmations you can use to get started!
What are affirmations?
Affirmations are positive statements that can help improve your mindset and even overcome self-sabotaging behaviors. Through intentional, daily repetition of positive affirmations, you can definitely make a difference in your mindset and the way you view yourself.
Notice how I said “intentional and daily repetition.”
Affirmations don’t work like magic. It’s not enough to try it for two days and feel like you’re life hasn’t changed – of course, it hasn’t! But we’ll briefly touch more on how you can practice daily affirmations in a moment.
Whether you’re looking for a way to improve your mindset, increase your self-esteem, or something else – it’s worth giving affirmations a try.
Daily Affirmations List to Improve Your Mindset
Need some inspiration before coming up with your affirmations? Check out some of the powerful affirmations I’ve gathered below!
- I am headed in the right direction.
- I trust that I am on the right path.
- I see challenges as an opportunity to grow, learn, and improve.
- I continuously enhance all areas of my life.
- I am blessed beyond measures.
- I am grateful for all that I have and will accomplish.
- I am dependable and resourceful.
- I am worthy of the success coming my way.
- I let go of expectations and enjoy the journey.
- I am creating the life of my dreams.
Daily Affirmations for Confidence
- I am full of energy and optimism.
- I stand up for myself.
- My courage is more powerful than doubt.
- I believe in myself and trust in my abilities.
- I am in control of my thoughts, emotions, and choices.
- I am worthy of accomplishing my goals.
- I already have the strength and courage needed to overcome obstacles.
- I radiate confidence and positivity.
- I am confident in who I am.
- I am right where I’m supposed to be.
Self Love Affirmations
- I accept myself for who I am and create peace, power, and confidence of mind and heart.
- I deserve to forgive and be forgiven.
- I am more than my circumstances.
- I deserve to take up space.
- I do not pretend to be anything other than who I am.
- I nourish myself with kind words and joyful foods.
- I am at peace with who I am as a person.
- I am one of a kind.
- I honor my boundaries.
- My body does not define me.
Affirmations for Anxiety
- I release things I can’t control.
- I embrace the questions in my heart and welcome the answers in their own time.
- I let go of things that aren’t serving me.
- I accept my emotions and let them serve their purpose.
- I am safe and loved.
- I am stronger than my anxiety.
- I am comfortable with change.
- I have control over my mind.
- I choose to let go of the past.
- I am more than my mistakes.
Daily Affirmations for Love
- I am loved and worthy.
- I am safe and surrounded by love and support.
- I am valued.
- I am unaffected by the judgment of others.
- I am worthy of a healthy, loving relationship.
- My heart is prepared to receive love.
- I have everything I need to be happy right now.
- My own self-care is a priority to me.
- I am grounded in who I am before a partner.
- I love myself and allow myself to be loved fully.
- I am worthy of investing in myself.
- I release all of my fears around money.
- I am financially free.
- Money flows to me with abundance and ease.
- The money I spend will always be replaced with more.
- I get paid well for my work.
- I have a wealthy mindset.
- Making more than I spend is something I do naturally.
- I am rich in all areas of my life.
- I have a millionaire mind.
How to Practice Affirmations
Affirmations don’t need to be super complex. First, choose a statement or phrase that represents what you want to start thinking or feeling in your life. For example, if your current view of money isn’t positive, maybe you’ll want to browse Pinterest for some money affirmations. Whatever affirmations you choose, make sure that they’re meaningful to you and actually resonate with you. There’s no point of choosing an affirmation that doesn’t mean much to you!
Once you’ve picked your affirmations, you’ll need to decide how you want to practice them daily. Are you going to say them out loud in the mirror? Are you going to write them in a journal every morning? It’s important that you’re specific with your affirmations, but also that you aim to have your affirmations in as many of the five senses as possible.
For instance, you can choose to write out your affirmations on a sheet of paper. Then every day after that you can read the affirmations or even record yourself saying them.
It’s also important to make sure that your affirmations are in the present tense. This helps you prioritize a mindset shift rather than it becoming something you hope to achieve. For example, instead of saying “I can become good at managing money,” you can say, “I am good at managing money.” See the difference?
You’ll also want to make sure that you keep your affirmations positive. So it’s important not to remind yourself of the negative in your affirmations. For instance, instead of saying, “I won’t ruin my friendships,” you can say, “I am deserving of meaningful friendships.”