Ah, the beauty of a new year. The first month of the year can be the most inspiring, but also daunting because of the amount of pressure we put on ourselves to start the year right. I wanted to share a variety of January quotes depending on how you’re feeling as we start this new year. Ready?
Quotes About the Month
“I love beginnings. If I were in charge of calendars, every day would be January 1.”Jerry Spinelli
2. “January, month of empty pockets!” – Sidonie Gabrielle Colette.
3. “I like starting projects in January. That’s the best time to start something. It’s so inward.” – Carolyn Chute.
4. “Let January open with the joy in the Lord, and December close with gladness in Jesus.” – Charles H. Spurgeon.
5. “January is the calendar’s ingrown hair.” – Stewart Stafford
6. “If I had my way, I would remove January from the calendar altogether and have an extra July instead.” – Roald Dahl
7. “January is the month for dreaming.” – Jean Hersey
8. “January is like Monday…but longer.” – Unknown
9. “Dear world, I am excited to be alive in you, and I am thankful for another year.” – Charlotte Eriksson
10. “January brings the snow, makes our feet and fingers glow.” – Sara Coleridge
11. “Feeling a little blue in January is normal.” – Marilu Henner
12. “January? The month is dumb. It is fraudulent. It does not cleanse itself.” ― Anne Sexton
Inspirational January Quotes
“The new year stands before us, like a chapter in a book, waiting to be written.”Melody beattie
14. “I’ll never understand why everybody puts so much emphasis on January first. There are three hundred and sixty-four other days in the year that you can make a change.” ― Elizabeth Eulberg
15. “We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year’s Day.” ― Edith Lovejoy Pierce
16. “Treat every day like it’s a new year because it is.” – Temitope Ibrahim.
17. “New year—new verse, a new chapter, or just the same old story? Ultimately we write it. The choice is ours.” – Alex Morritt.
18. “I think in terms of the day’s resolutions, not the year’s.” – Henry Moore.
19. “If January is the month of change, February is the month of lasting change. January is for dreamers… February is for doers.” – Marc Parent.
20. “Each day is a new beginning, the chance to do with it what should be done and not to be seen as simply another day to put in time.” – Catherine Pulsifer
21. “Change can be scary, but you know what’s scarier? Allowing fear to stop you from growing, evolving, and progressing.” – Mandy Hale
22. “January is my favorite month, when the light is plainest, least colored. And I like the feeling of beginnings.” – Anne Truitt.
23. “Somewhere along the way, I realized that the new year doesn’t begin for me in January.” – Betsy Cañas Garmon.
24. “Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson.
January Quotes About Winter
“It is deep January. The sky is hard. The stalks are firmly rooted in ice.”Wallace Stevens
26. “In the depth of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer.” – Albert Camus.
27. “Through the chill of December the early winter moans… but it’s that January wind that rattles old bones.” – John Facenda.
28. “What good is the warmth of summer, without the cold of winter to give it sweetness.” – John Steinbeck
29. “To appreciate the beauty of a snowflake it is necessary to stand out in the cold.” – Aristotle
30. “The fire is winter’s fruit.” – Arabian Proverb
31. “People don’t notice whether it’s winter or summer when they’re happy.” – Anton Chekhov
32. “Advice is like the snow. The softer it falls, the longer it dwells upon and the deeper it sinks into the mind.” – Samuel Taylor Coleridge
33. “No winter lasts forever; no spring skips its turn.” – Hal Borland
34. “Winter forms our character and brings out our best.” – Tom Allen
35. “Winter is a season of recovery and preparation.” – Paul Theroux
36. “In seed time learn, in harvest teach, in winter enjoy.” – William Blake
Quotes About a New Year
“Call it ‘the New Year’s resolution effect’— it’s why gyms that were crowded in January are only half full in July and why so many slightly used guitars are available on Craigslist.”
38. “I don’t know where I’m going from here, but I promise it won’t be boring.” – David Bowie
39. “The bad news is time flies. The good news is you’re the pilot.” – Michael Altshuler
40. “No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.” – Buddha
41. “Your present circumstances don’t determine where you can go. They merely determine where you start.” – Nido Qubein
42. “The magic in new beginnings is truly the most powerful of them all.” – Josiyah Martin
43. “Don’t live the same year 75 times and call it a life.” – Robin Sharma
44. “I hope you realize that every day is a fresh start for you. That every sunrise is a new chapter in your life waiting to be written.” – Juansen Dizon
45. “In order to be successful in the new year, stay focused, develop a positive attitude and be passionate with your dreams.” – Bamigboye Olurotimi
46. “Enter this new year with a gratitude for this new chance to create your dreams.” – Avina Celeste
47. “You are never too old to reinvent yourself.” – Steve Harvey
48. “You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.” – Martin Luther King
January Quotes About Goal Setting
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”C.S. Lewis
50. “If a goal is worth having, it’s worth blocking out the time in your day-to-day life necessary to achieve it.” – Jill Koenig
51. “The trouble with not having a goal is that you can spend your life running up and down the field and never score.” – Bill Copeland
52. “A good goal is like a strenuous exercise — it makes you stretch.” – Mary Kay Ash
53. “Intention without action is an insult to those who expect the best from you.” – Andy Andrews
54. “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” — C. S. Lewis
55. “This one step—choosing a goal and sticking to it—changes everything.” — Scott Reed
56. “Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible.” — Tony Robbins
57. “In the absence of clearly defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily acts of trivia.” — Unknown
58. “Rowing harder doesn’t help if the boat is headed in the wrong direction.” — Kenichi Ohma
59. “Goals must never be from your ego, but problems that cry for a solution.” — Robert H. Schuller
60. “You should set goals beyond your reach so you always have something to live for.” — Ted Turner
Well, how did you enjoy this list of January quotes? Have any favorites? I’d love to hear if you have a favorite or if any sparked a thought for you! Share it in the comments below.